South Charleston Public Library is an official Passport Acceptance Agency for the US Department of State.
We have library staff members who are certified Passport Acceptance Agents and can guide individuals through the application process!
Passport applications are available at the library or at the Department of State.
To complete the application process, you must bring:
- a completed passport application, but not signed. (Black ink only)
- a valid photo ID
- proof of citizenship
- birth certificate certified by city, state, or county
- a 2″ x 2″ color passport photo (SCPL now takes passport photos for a fee)
- checks or money orders for the cost of the passport process (one for US Dept. of State and one for South Charleston Public Library)
An appointment is needed to have your passport completed at SCPL.
Please call us at (304) 744-6561 to book your appointment today!
Appointments are open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Regular Service (10 – 13 weeks delivery)
Passport Book (All FORMS OF TRAVEL):
Adults (age 16+) $130.00 (to US Dept. of State) + $35.00 (to SCPL)
Children (0-15) $100.00 (to US Dept. of State) + $35.00 (to SCPL)
Passport Card (LAND OR SEA TRAVEL ONLY)
Adults (age 16+) $30.00 (to US Dept. of State) + $35.00 (to SCPL)
Children (0-15) $15.00 (to US Dept. of State) + $35.00 (to SCPL)
Expedited Service (7 – 9 weeks delivery)
- All Ages $60 (to US Dept of State)
Overnight Delivery and Overnight Return
- Available for additional fees
- Still incurs 2 – 3 weeks processing
Passport Photos (only taken during appointments)
- All Ages $10 per person (paid to SCPL)
Payment must be made by check or money order; no exceptions.
For more information, call the library at 304-744-6561.