Passport Acceptance Agency
South Charleston Public Library is an official Passport Acceptance Agency for the US Department of State.
Several library staff are certified Passport Acceptance Agents and can guide individuals through the application process.
Passport applications are available at the library or at Department of State.
To complete the application process, you must bring:
- a completed passport application;
- a valid photo ID;
- proof of citizenship;
- birth certificate certified by city, state, or county;
- a 2″ x 2″ color photo (SCPL now takes passport photos for a fee);
- checks or money orders for the cost of the passport process.
For more information, call the library at 304-744-6561.
***Passport services remain limited due to COVID-19 restrictions
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
10 am – 11:30 am Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays
Call 304-744-6561 to schedule
Regular Service (10 – 12 weeks delivery)
- Adults (age 16+) $110 (to US Dept of State) + $35 (to SCPL)
- Children (age 0-15) $80 (to US Dept of State) + $35 (to SCPL)
Expedited Service (4 – 6 weeks delivery)
- All Ages $60 (to US Dept of State)
Overnight Delivery and Overnight Return
- Available for additional fees
- Still incurs 2 – 3 weeks processing
Passport Photos Made at Library
- All Ages $10 per person (paid to SCPL)
Payment must be made by check or money order; no exceptions.